We love tiramisu, although our Italian relatives never use coffee liquor preferring Espresso to soak the biscuits.Jump to Recipe
This lemon tiramisu is fantastic in the summer, so refreshing with a great sweet and sour combination from the lemons and optional Limoncino. Sometimes Limoncino is called Limoncello – it is an Italian regional thing!
- 1 Serving dish
- 250 g Tub of Marscapone
- 1 small carton Natural Yoghurt
- 3 Lemons
- 1 splash Limoncino Optional!
- 100 g Caster Sugar 75g for mix, 25g for juice
- 4 Eggs
- 1 pack Spoge Fingers
- 100 g White Chocolate
- Separate the eggs into two bowls.
- Whisk the egg whites until nice and fluffy.
- Whisk the yolks with the sugar, mascarpone and yoghurt until smooth.
- Fold the whites into the yolk mixture.
- Squeeze the lemons into a separate bowl and stir in some sugar and Limoncino to taste
- Dip half of the sponge fingers one at a time into the lemon juice for a second or two (not so long that they fall apart!) and arrange in the serving dish.
- Spoon over half of the marscapone mixture
- Repeat with the other half of the sponge fingers, dipping in the lemon juice and arranging in the serving dish.
- Spoon over the rest of the marscapone mixture and level.
- Grate over white chocolate to finish.
- Allow to chill and set somewhat in the fridge for a couple of hours